HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
KEY INFORMATION AND HOUSE RULES
MIRISBIRIS GARDEN AND NATURE CENTER is, first and foremost, a botanical garden and spacious Nature preserve on 10 ha. Ornamental plants, organic veggies and herbs, and trails through forest to a pebbly beach. Its VISITOR CENTER hosts educational programs and displays, a small restaurant with healthy foods, and 4 rooms for overnight stays.
Each room can accommodate up to 6 persons, in one queen bed and 2 sets of bunks. Rate: P2000 for 2 pax, P500 for each additional adult in same room; kids 7-12 half price. Breakfasts included.
Two function rooms for small reunions and receptions. Ask us for a quotation.
Currently, no admission or entrance fee to Mirisbiris Garden, but we invite you to patronize our restaurant and leave a donation for our scholarship program.
VILLA SERENA is a bungalow on the beach, 0.7 km or a 15 minute walk away from Mirisbiris Garden, with 2 bedrooms, a sala, and kitchen, but limited water and septic capacity.
Each bedroom has one queen bed and a pull-out single. In the sala, 2 bunk beds.
Small groups ONLY -- maximum of 8 pax, including children and any daytime visitors. If there are more than 8 in your group, please consider Mirisbiris Garden instead.
Not available for day use only.
Rate: P5000 for 8 pax, breakfasts included. No option for additional pax.
• Check-in times, 2-9 PM. Pre-arrange if you’ll arrive later. Check-out, before noon of next day.
• We are not a beach or swimming resort, so there are no cottages or lifeguards.
• No pets. Sorry, we have enough problems with our own pets.
• Wi-fi is available most but not 100% of the time in the common areas of Mirisbiris; sorry, no wifi at Villa Serena. If you can, take a “time-out” from internet!
• Photoshoots: We welcome photoshoots and charge P2000, including day use of one room at Mirisbiris for changing. Please limit your group to 10 or fewer if you can, and come only for photoshoot, not for picnic or swim. Come back for a picnic and swim some other time!
• Location: Salvacion, Sto Domingo, 4.3 km (Villa Serena) or 5 km (Mirisbiris) from Sto Domingo Church, along road past Kalayukay and heading toward Misibis Bay. Take tricy if commuting.
• Parking is available at Mirisbiris for approximately 6-8 cars, and at Villa Serena for 2 cars.
• COVID PROTOCOLS: We observe DOH, DOT, IATF, & LGU rules for extra health and safety precautions, including limits to group size, masks, temperature checks, hand sanitizer, social distancing and, for overnight guests, health questionnaires. Those coming from outside Albay or outside Bicol must have documents required by the LGU (Municipality of Sto Domingo). This changes from time to time, so please check the Facebook page of MDRRMO Sto. Domingo.
• We follow the motto, “Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints.” If you want plants, please visit our Plant Sales area. Place any trash in the bins or take it home!.
• GENERAL RULE: BE RESPECTFUL. We are a small, not-for-profit, community-oriented educational foundation. We invite you to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of Nature, for free or at reasonable cost, so please treat our place with the same respect you would expect from visitors to your own home! Your patronage and donations will help us to stay open and continue helping our rural barangay. To know more about our advocacies, please ask!